Saturday, August 14, 2004

please just let me sleep

I have been writing way too many blog entries when I should be sleeping. I can't sleep tonight. Again. This is very frustrating. And I have all kinds of stuff I need to do tomorrow. First thing in the morning I have to go sing with the chorale. We have to leave by 7:30 so we can be there by 8 for sound check. Then lunch with my parents, then I need to come back to SLO and clean the office. Then Risk Night with my friends. Then sleep (hopefully). Then another jam-packed day.

Oh I'm so tired.

So this weekend I went with Myles down to Sherman Oaks to visit his grandparents. That was a lot of fun. We left yesterday after work and just barely made it through the Friday night traffic to dinner. Dinner was so. good. It was at this really fancy, exclusive restaraunt/club for filmmakers and people in the film industry. You can only get a reservation if you are a member in the club, or if a member in the club sets you up. It was really neat. After dinner there was a magic show that was very entertaining. I really enjoyed myself. I've never been to a restaraunt like that, where you have your name on "the list" and have to follow a dress code and all that. But it was really fun. Then today we went to the Getty Museum and looked at all the paintings and sculptures and things. I was just as impressed at the building as I was at the works of art they had inside. Very cool. And after that we went swimming, since it was very hot. Myles is pleased as punch, because I didn't have a swimsuit with me, and I've been saying all summer that I should buy a new one anyway, so we went out and I bought a new one. That may not seem like such a big deal, if it werent for the fact that I had to buy a bikini. I don't wear bikinis. EVER. But he talked me into buying one. I hope you're happy Myles. You accomplished the impossible. I always swore I'd never wear anything so skimpy out in public. But now I have to, I don't want to spend the money on another one. Oh well....

So that's been my weekend. We drove home and I got to sleep at a pretty decent hour, but not really that early. And now, here I am at 4 in the morning and I'm wide awake. This really needs to end. I'm ranking it at about a 10.5 on my I-Would-Be-Perfectly-Happy-If-This-Never-Happened-Again-o-Meter, right up there with pap smears and these darn leg cramps I keep getting all the time.

But I've spent time blogging anyway. I'm gonna try to sleep again now.


No comments: